Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Revolutionary Road OST



This cold morning I want to share the score to a pretty good and relatively recent movie. Anyone who knows me well will know that I place Leonardo DiCaprio among my favorite actors. While this isn't one of my favorite movies or anything, I thought it was a rather enjoyable drama. DiCaprio is great here, but Kate Winslet is even better. And to further enhance the experience, we have Thomas Newman's great music in this film.
Mr. Newman is quite an accomplished composer, and quite possibly my favorite movie score composer in general. Some of you might know him, others might not know who he is, but he has done many great works, some of which I'll be posting in the future, including Road To Perdition, White Oleander, Shawshank Redemption, American Beauty, Jarhead and The Green Mile.
There's also a couple of 40s doo-wop songs as well.

So, if you're into scores, particularly those which are soft, beautiful, haunting and even pensive, then you're gonna like this!

Revolutionary Road OST

Composer: Thomas Newman

Featured artists: The Ink Spots, The Orioles, The Ravens.

Tracklist:

1. Route 12
2. Picture Window
3. The Bright Young Man
4. Hopeless Emptiness
5. Unrealistic
6. Count Every Star [The Ravens]
7. Simple Clean Lines
8. Speaking of Production Control
9. Golden People
10. Night Woods
11. Crying In The Chapel [The Orioles]
12. April
13. A Bit Whimsical
14. Revolutionary Road (End Title)
15. The Gypsy [The Ink Spots]

No comments:

Post a Comment